Welcome to Redcliffe Anaesthetics
Our website has been designed to introduce our group of Anaesthetists, and to explain the services that we provide.Redcli!e Anaesthetics isa group of fully quali”ed Specialist Anaesthetists providing services to Brisbane, Redcli!e and surrounding areas. We provide highest quality,safe and caring services to all our patients. We work with excellent surgeons and provide services to all major hospitals in Brisbane.
If you have any questions, queries comments or suggestions, please contact us. if you have an upcoming operation visit our informationFAQs, this section will give you more information on what to expect and how to prepare for the surgery.The sta! of Redcli!e Anaestheticsare committed to deliver a friendly and e#cient service. Please feel free to contact them on (07) 32841892 Get to know more about ouranaesthetists in our Meet the Doctors section.
Before Your Operation
- If you smoke, give up for several weeks before the operation to reduce risk of breathing problems.
- If you are overweight, losing weight will reduce many of the risks of having surgery.
- If you have loose teeth or crowns, dental treatment will reduce the risk of dental damage.
- If you have a long-term medical condition, such as asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, thyroid problems or high blood pressure (hypertension), you should visit you GP for a check-up.
- For morning surgery do not eat or drink anything aftermidnight on the day before surgery for afternoon surgery do not eat or drink anything after 6:00 am.
- Bring all of your medications with you.
- Stop taking any over the counter supplements and herbal medications 2 WEEKS before surgery.
- Stop taking any diet pills 2 WEEKS before surgery
- Stop smoking at least 24 hours prior to surgery. It is ideal to stop for 6 to 8 weeks before surgery.